1. The information we collect and how
The personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with Melio. Any personal information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. You generally have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, however in some instances this may prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, for an example where you place an order for products online. The types of personal information we typically collect and use may include:
General: what we collect
- Contact name and details
- Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
- Delivery address or collection details
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Transactional information such as order history, preferences and interactions
General: how we collect
- When you make a purchase or place an order
- Enter a competition or complete a survey
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback
- Participate in a promotion, competition, or survey
- When you join a mailing list
- Post a review, rating or comment on our website or social media page, or other user generated content on one of our websites or Apps
Kinder Community: what we collect
- Membership details including your name, contact details, date of birth, and any other information you provide as part of your application or registration process (e.g. refer a friend)
- Transaction details including what you purchased, payment information, where you shopped and your product preferences
- Your location details through your smart phone or device
- Name and email address of reward or gift card recipients
- Any information from survey or other feedback on products that we request
Kinder Community: how we collect
- When you join or use your account
- When you shop with Melio or a Melio partner
- When you share or use a digital reward or gift card.
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
2. Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information so we are able to improve our relationship with you. We keep the information we collect to an absolute minimum. We use this information in order to:
- improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
- promoting and communicating Melio products and services through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media.
- conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect all parties interests including protection of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- respond to your query, feedback or concerns
- responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
- general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
3. Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out
By providing your address, email address and contact number to Melior or its related parties and partners, you consent to Melio contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and via Melio Apps. You may prefer to provide to us your personal email address or mobile number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
If we send you direct marketing or send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, withdraw your consent or opt-out by :
- contacting us at email@example.com
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages
- adjusting the permissions and notifications on your smartphone or device to stop notifications and to opt-out from allowing Melio’s mobile applications to access your device’s camera, microphone or location information.
4. Sharing your personal information
We take data very serious and do not share any of our customers personal information with any third parties without your permission. If, in the case, there is a special offer or promotion, that may involve a third party, we would first seek your approval for involvement in the promotion and you will be required to opt in to the sharing of your information with another party.
5. Protection of personal information
We only hold digital information you share with us on our website. Our information security processes seek to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse, or unapproved alteration of, personal information. We are a small team, so we are able to limit access to your information and do our very best to ensure you are protected.
While we endeavour to do our very best to protect the personal information, we are not able to guarantee the security of information you disclose online. You disclose that information at your own risk. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential, access is limited and encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and log out after use. If you become aware of unauthorised access, please let us know as soon as practicable.
6. Access to your information and correction
6.1 Access to your information
If you would access to personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we are more than happy to provide you with a summary of your personal information (subject to some exceptions permitted by law).
When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make; this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission.
If you would like us to update or correct personal information that we hold about you, we are more than happy to help to make sure your information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
7. Complaints or questions
We may ask you to submit your complaint in writing. We may discuss and share your complaint with our team or other relevant parties as required and appropriate.
All complaints received by our Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated, and a response generally provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you of this.
8. Updates to this policy
For information about privacy generally, you may visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.